The vision of greater love is to make the reality of God's existence through worship, building community and exhibiting a lifestyle that gives him all the glory and honor.
At Greater Love we stand on the belief that ministry must not only reach in but reach out and reaching out. In reaching out, we find a need and meet it; we find a hurt and heal it.
As a result of our belief of in-reach and out-reach, we will make Durham other surrounding communities and the world, a better place to live by winning souls, healing the broken hearted and providing hope to the hopeless.
We at greater love will educate, inspire, and motivate people to do well spiritually, physically, and economically for their families, their church and themselves.
To glorify God. Our mode of worship should be and attempt to glorify our Lord and respond to the leading of the spirit to fulfill God's will for our congregation at this time.
To edify believers. Our activity of Christian education preaching of God's word and fellowship are germane to growth stability and viability of a believer.
To evangelize the word. Our church effectively assaults the evil sin poverty and violence by winning people to Jesus.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible written word of God.
2 Timothy 3:15
2. We believe that there is One God, eternally existent in Three Persons: GOD the Father, GOD the Son, GOD the Holy Spirit.
1 John 5:6-8 and Matthew 3:16-17
3. We believe in the Blessed Hope, which is the rapture of the Church of GOD, which is in Christ at his return.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
4. We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance: faith in the precious Blood of JESUS Christ and being baptized in water.
Acts 2:37-39, Hebrews 9:22, and Romans 3:25
5. We believe that regeneration by the Holy Ghost is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
6. We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing in prayer.
Matthew 8: 17 and Isaiah 53: 5
7. We believe that the baptism in the Holy Ghost according to Acts 2: 4 is given to believers who ask for it.
John 14: 25-26, Acts 1: 8, and Luke 11: 12-14
8. We will we believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose in-dwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a Holy and separated life in this present world.
1 Thessalonians 5: 23